We were founded in 1978 to meet the need for safe, dignified bathing for long-term care (LTC) residents and the professionals who care for them. For almost 40 years, we have brought innovations to our market including handicap accessible spas, whirlpool hydrotherapy and industry-leading infection control technology, continuously raising the bar for quality, safety and ease-of-use.
We are a family owned business that rewards commitment and fosters team collaboration. We value integrity, professionalism, dependability, service and innovation. We thrive on going the extra mile to solve our customers’ challenges while also supporting each other in our daily lives.
Come join us and be part of something special.
Current Job Openings
Now accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following position(s):
Buyer / Inventory Control
Summary Responsible and accountable for negotiating/purchasing products and services for production and other day to day operations; establishing and maintaining vendor relations; maintaining purchasing records; facilitating resolution of quality and capacity issues impacting supply; tracking all incoming parts orders to ensure arrival on a timely basis; and maintaining proper levels of inventory.
Essential Job Functions:
• Purchase commodities and services to meet needs of the production floor and other departments to prevent outages
• Make purchase decisions and process purchasing transactions in accordance with company procedures
• Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completeness
• Collaborate with appropriate personnel to clarify purchase requirements, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for purchase orders
• Investigate, establish and maintain new sources for supplies and products
• Secure product samples, specifications, and descriptions for departments
• Investigate, identify and select vendors and suppliers using criteria such as quantity and quality of commodities, price, and delivery date to obtain the most competitive and effective bid
• Confirm, track and verify orders with vendors
• Track vendor performance for on-time deliveries and correctness of product
• Review and resolve problems concerning orders in an efficient and timely manner
• Examine and compare prices, quantities, reliability and quality to evaluate vendor performance
• Work closely with production employees and Shipping/Receiving to update status of production parts and supplies
• Work closely with vendors to return products, to keep prices accurate and to deal with past due purchase orders
• Maintain purchasing records
• Enter part numbers and information for new parts and bills of materials into the computer system
• Work closely with Engineering to obtain part drawings for vendors and process changes to bills of materials
• Investigate inventory count discrepancies and enter inventory adjustments when discrepancies are found
• Evaluate inventory levels for ordering purposes
• As a member of the Vendor Team, provide input on vendor’s performance and determination on continued use for product
• Provide assistance to Quality Control with incorrect material to coordinate the best way to return the product and receive the correct part in and in the maintenance of the vendor issue log.
• Assist troubleshooting problems with vendors, which may include Shipping/Receiving, Quality Control and/or Accounts Payable
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings/prints, purchase orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, suppliers or employees of the organization.
• Proficiency in or knowledge of using computer software applications (such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Internet search engines)
• Experience with ERP and CRM systems. Knowledge of Sage and/or Goldmine a plus
• Excellent negotiation and customer service skills (friendly, courteous and respectful)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to take initiative and exercise independent judgement
• Ability to manage many tasks/projects simultaneously
• Good organizational skills and ability to problem solve
Full Time – Flexible Hours – Weekdays – No Assembly Line
NO Weekends and we close at 2:30 on Fridays!
Duties and Responsibilities include: Build and assemble whirlpool bathing systems for nursing homes and assisted living, and crate products for shipment. Manufacturing and shipping of Spa and Skin Care Products.
Applicants should have:
- good mechanical aptitude
- ability to assemble parts according to blueprints
- ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- ability to perform repetitive tasks
- good attention to detail (quality)
- ability to multi-task
- ability to understand both written and verbal communication
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Familiarity with and ability to use assembly and measuring tools
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Knowledge of PVC bonding and soldering a plus
• Basic computer skills
• Good oral communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
• Ability to work quickly and methodically
Interested Candidates: Please fill out an Employment Application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit your completed Apollo job application and resume by sending via e-mail, mail, fax, or in-person to:
Fax: (715) 247-3424
Address: Apollo Corporation, ATTN: Human Resources, 450 Main Street, Somerset, WI 54025-9633
Phone: (715) 247-5625